Sorry I’ve been behind on the posts here. But here’s a rundown:
1. A snow storm passed through and I gained a snow day yesterday, which was much-needed!
2. #MarchMadness will start soon.
3. Spring is officially next week, so we’ll see if the snow will stick around.
4. Got feedback on my beginning chapters of my novel, and I’m super geeked about it!
5. [For the time being] not sick!
Earlier, I’d come across this blog entry and since I’m a big fan of Noor’s, I wanted to share this with y’all. Enjoy!
So for all you avid readers that have been eagerly sitting by your computer all day mechanically pressing refresh in expectation of my latest daily blog (so basically you, mother), your agonizing anticipation has finally come to an end. Before you march (those seem to be in vogue these days) to Milwaukee, pitchforks in hand to passively aggressively critique my lack of punctuality, let me first explain myself. The tardiness of this latest installment is for a very good reason.
Tonight at 8PM I attended a speech given by Noor Tagouri, a muslim American on air reporter who currently works for the website Newsy. Now there are many superlatives that could be applied to Miss Tagouri; brilliant, competitive, trailblazer, passionate etc. but I am choosing a far more direct and considerably less elegant phrase— total motherfreakin badass.
I don’t throw around the phrase “badass” very often, in fact, I don’t think…
View original post 470 more words