30-Day Writing Challenge
Oh man, this week has been brutal and it just started. One word of note—the new podcast episode will not be released this week as the stories I had lined up had to cancel and a new weather storm will delay the next one. Ugh, isn’t it spring yet? =_=
Day 7: Five pet peeves
- Parents who can’t control their screaming kids out in public—can’t even enjoy anything without little Jr. Son-of-a-bitch throwing a tantrum.
- People who try to dominate the conversation and interrupt me when I’m talking—rude.
- People who drive and text—I will take your phone from you, and don’t care if you catch an attitude. I do care about not dying.
- People who don’t cover their cough/sneeze—I don’t want to catch your SARS.
- People who can’t use the turn signal—seriously, how hard is that?!
Day 8: What you ate/drank today
- Chocolate candy
- Broccoli and cheese quiche
- Orange juice
- Strawberry shortcake
- Grilled pepper-jack cheese sandwich
- Corned beef
- Potato salad
- Hot chocolate
Day 9: How important you think education is
I think education is very important, regardless of the path you choose to take in life. Depending on which road you want to take will dictate if you should take a formal education or not. For example, being an actor does require some education. But you can get it taking specific classes, having a private teacher, or you can go to university for an undergraduate or graduate degree. It all depends on which way you want to go, and how much money you’re willing to invest.
Going to university is a huge deal because of the money factor. The price of admission gets raised every year and yet, some people have such a hard time finding a job in their field upon graduating. This depends on what your major was, and where you want your career to go. In my graduate class, there were many graphic designers who majored in it during undergraduate, but my publisher is a self-taught graphic designer. It’s all about what fits right for you.